3-Fly Index du Forum
3-Fly
Les 3-fly vous souhaitent la bienvenue!

3-Fly Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Paddling Down The Darling ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    3-Fly Index du Forum -> La team -> Recrutement(ON)
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
darryokala

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 01:52 (2017)    Sujet du message: Paddling Down The Darling Répondre en citant

Paddling Down the Darling
by Tony Pritchard
rating: ( reviews)

->->->->DOWNLOAD BOOK Paddling Down the Darling
->->->->ONLINE BOOK Paddling Down the Darling

If you go back to a place laden with its fond memories it can be disastrous or it can be marvellous. In the 1970s I had drifted down the Darling River in western New South Wales. An eighteen month trip in a ten-foot boat with no motor. I had adventure, found love, and experienced a personal awakening (sometimes referred to as a breakdown). Then in 2010 I returned to the Darling. I paddled a fifteen foot canoe from Menindee to Wentworth and just in case I missed something, I did the same trip in 2012 and in 2013. All three trips went beyond marvellous.

In 2010 the river was low and I relived memories, created new ones and made a life-changing decision. I decided to retire from teaching and write a book about the seventies trip. And as well as the adventures and the solitude, even though they were tempered by deep melancholy, I went searching. I wanted to find God and I thought I had done so. But there were still questions of doubt.

In 2011, South-east Australia was pretty much under water and I rode the flood down the Darling. But there were dangers; not particularly from brown swirling water, wild pigs or snakes, but from ants. Camp sites were only available on the outside bends and bulldog ants were in charge. And they weren't happy to share. Give me aggressive pigs and snakes any day. I also changed my view on the God I thought I had found. The moments of divine ecstasy came without a reference to a religion and these changed into a deeper spiritual feeling.

I couldn't stay away and in 2012 I paddled the same section of the river. Even though the canoe could find its own way along the Darling, each bend brought a new experience. It was a trip of characters, birds and of water-rats. And it was also a trip of letting go and accepting life as it unfolded. This brought the feeling of the 1970s Darling, (albeit then a quieter slower paced era), into today's fast-paced world, into today's digital and ever-shrinking world, because spirituality and meaning, although personal, can be found anywhere.

Maybe I should plan another canoe trip down the Darling just to be sure?

Details:
price: $3.29
bound:
publisher: Moshpit Publishing (February 21, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 1925595587, 978-1925595581,
weight: 8 ounces (
filesize:

Paddling Down the Darling book german

He currently lives in a shed in Brisbane and is sometimes home to feed the chooks, water the chokoes and to make more listsThen in 2010 I returned to the Darling, and just in case I missed something, I did the same trip in 2012 and in 2013tweet Australian Library Author by : Kenneth McGregor Languange : en Publisher by : Format Available : PDF, ePub, Mobi Total Read : 10 Total Download : 197 File Size : 47,5 Mb Description : tweet Max And Moritz Author by : Wilhelm Busch Languange : en Publisher by : Courier Corporation Format Available : PDF, ePub, Mobi Total Read : 96 Total Download : 981 File Size : 54,5 Mb Description : DIVGreat humor classic in both German and EnglishTerms of Use Privacy Global VIKI Viber Rakuten Global Market Rakuten Travel Rakuten Marketing AIP Americas Rakuten.com Rakuten Card EBATES slice THE GROMMET OverDrive Fits.me Rakuten SUPER LOGISTICS Rakuten.com.br Asia Pacific Taiwan Rakuten Ichiba Taiwan Rakuten Card Taiwan Rakuma EU PRICE MINISTER fr.rakuten.tv Rakuten.de de.rakuten.tv rakuten.es ES.rakuten.tv rakuten.co.uk UK.rakuten.tv at.rakuten.tv ie.rakuten.tv it.rakuten.tv Rakuten Europe Bank S.AMeet the picture-perfect Bird family: pragmatic Meg, dreamy Beth, and towheaded twins Rory and Rhys, one an adventurous troublemaker, the other his slighter, more sensitive counterpartAquafadas More Services About Rakuten Rakuten FC Barcelona Main Global partner By using this website, you agree to our Cookies Policy Ok, got it

Published: March 7, 2017 by MoshPit PublishingThe moments of divine ecstasy came without a reference to a religion and these changed into a deeper spiritual feelingShop Now Shop Now Movies & TV Movies & TV Customer Favorites Bestsellers New Releases Coming Soon Blu-ray Box Sets 4K Ultra HD Categories TV on DVD British Television Classics Documentaries Drama Fitness Kids Related Categories Electronics Music Special Collections Arrow Video Criterion Collection Disney Doctor Who Game of Thrones Harry Potter Outlander Star Wars Star Trek Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Deals All Movies & TV Deals 30% Off B&N Selects Up to 50% Off Sci-Fi Movies & TV Up to 50% Off TV Classics Save on your favorite TV shows for a limited timeHe hadn't been in a canoe since his days as a Boy Scout, and he knew that the river boasts whitewater, not to mention man-made obstacles, to challenge even experienced paddlersyou'll laugh and gasp on every page" Jenny Colgan "Properly mood-altering He has travelled extensively and rates the Darling River as the best place in the worldAn eighteen month trip in a ten-foot boat with no motorOtto and the turtle survive the collision, though both need help, and Georgie finds his compassions tornIt was a trip of characters, birds and of water-ratsTold from all aspects of his fascinating life and including some of Gmoser's own words, Chic Scott weaves together a compelling story based on the diaries, expedition journals, film commentaries and personal correspondence of this charismatic and inspiring figure."-- tweet Kayaking The Full Moon Author by : Steve Chapple Languange : en Publisher by : Perennial Format Available : PDF, ePub, Mobi Total Read : 42 Total Download : 826 File Size : 52,7 Mb Description : This chronicle of the author's kayaking trip down the length of the Yellowstone River combines a stirring portrait of Montana and its people with a powerful vision of what an unspoiled America might look and feel likeThese are stories about dislocation and about home -- about leaving it, returning to it, needing it, rejecting it -- crafted in a style that is controlled, yet sympatheticMaybe I should plan another canoe trip down the Darling just to be sure? Biography & AutobiographyTravelNonfiction Publication Details Publisher: MoshPit Publishing Imprint: Smashwords Edition Publication Date: 2017 Format OverDrive Read 3.1 MB Adobe EPUB eBook 3.1 MB Tony Pritchard (Author) Tony Pritchard was born in Dubbo, New South Wales, in 1952tweet Drifting Down The Darling Author by : Tony Pritchard Languange : en Publisher by : MoshPit Publishing Format Available : PDF, ePub, Mobi Total Read : 74 Total Download : 469 File Size : 48,7 Mb Description : Drifting down the Darling can best be described as the incoherent thoughts of a traveller who will use any excuse to put a boat onto the Darling River and then write crazy stories about birdsMore titles to consider AddAdd to Cart Shopping Cart You're getting the VIP treatment! With the purchase of Kobo VIP Membership, you're getting 10% off and 2x Kobo Super Points on eligible itemsA radical reinvention of JHe also played a major role in creating what is now western Canada's dynamic mountain adventure community$2.99 To Live Outside the Law: Caught by Operation Julie, Britain's Biggest Drugs Bust Leaf Fielding $12.29 Battle for the President's Elephants Sharon Pincott $17.59 In Search Of A Wild Brumby Michael Keenan $12.39 Where Ya Been, Mate? Herb Wharton $10.69 Ride the Wings of Morning: Letters to and from Africa Sophie Neville $3.99 Exposure Joel Magarey $7.19 Tide John Kinsella $9.99 Birdbrain Johanna Sinisalo $8.69 My Thai Eye Edwin Tipple Free Plenty John Dale $8.69 The Black Singlet Brigade Tony Walsh $3.99 Auckland Witi Ihimaera (ed) $8.69 Yumba Days Herb Wharton $10.69 A Long Way Walkin in Australia Tom Hayllar $3.99 My Life in the Sea of Cars James Murray $9.99 The Most Distant Way Ewan Gault $8.09 Writing on The Road: Campervan Love and the Joy of Solitude Sue Reid Sexton $10.69 The Adventures of the Honey Badger Nick Cummins $10.99 Breaking Loose : An Australian Story Sophie Boswell $9.99 Where Destiny Leads Anthony Hargreaves $2.95 Laughter Aloud Mary-Christine Levett $3.99 The Extraordinary Life of the Wildlife Man David Ireland $11.19 Two Shakes of a Dead Lamb's Tail Noreen Reeves $8.69 Aussie Tails and Aussie Males and One or Two Other Things Maureen Clifford $5.39 The Bluffer's Guide to Fishing Rob Beattie $5.39 Fat Chick Goes AWOL ANNA MITCHELL $8.69 Nice Shootin' Cowboy Anson Cameron $7.49 Left For Dead Ricky Megee $12.49 I Think I Grew Up Better Than You Michael Colyer $4.99 Self Help and Other Works Neil Boyack $8.95 The Red Island Graeme Sparkes $7.19 Swimming to the Moon Robert Drewe $9.59 Aussie Rogues and Rebels Raymond DAn unusual glimpse of the private thoughts of a public figure (Newsweek), this revised edition includes new letters and photographs that highlight the Bush familys enduring legacy, including letters that cover George W 48a4f088c3

Alleghenians: AdditionFarming+for+Pleasure+and+Profit%3A+Poultry-Keeping+%28Classic+Reprint%29Urban Views: Street Photography / Fotografía de la Calle (Spanish Edition)Dirty Rotten Comics #7 (British Comics Anthology)Tale Of The Four DragonsA Beginner's Guide: Crafting a Treasure Coast Classic Ship-in-BottleEvil Ernie: GodeaterLiving the Nightmare, Becoming the Dream: A Bodybuilder's TaleElements of Military Art and Science (Course of Instruction in Strategy, Fortification, Tactics of Battles)Kitchen Sink Drama: A Play

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 01:52 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    3-Fly Index du Forum -> La team -> Recrutement(ON) Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
onyx © theme by larme d'ange 2006